To the Point
A Journey Into Acupuncture Points
The seminar is an invitation for You to join amazing journey into wonderful and mysterious world of acupuncture points.
21-23 June 2018 | 30Aug-1 Sept. | 6-8 Dec 2018 | 2-4 April 2019 (ICCM Congress #12)
The seminar is an invitation for You to join amazing journey into wonderful and mysterious world of acupuncture points. Together we will explore different layers of meaning and cultural associations of acupuncture points names, as well as stories about movements of Qi told by channels. We will go deep revealing multidimensional matrix inside each acupuncture point, and alongside the meridians to see wider view. We will consult the knowledge left by ancient sages in classical texts, use the experiences coming from different schools of acupuncture, and will mostly focus on using the points in clinical practice.
Chinese language is pictorial by nature. The characters, used as symbols, allow not only coding different levels of information but also facilitate the process of storing and using that information. During the seminar, we will also use symbolic pictures reflecting name, physiology and pathology of each point and each channel, designed for people raised in Western culture. Those pictures, likewise Chinese characters, evoke chains of associations in mind making remembering the information about points much easier.
- the project uses visual memory to facilitate understanding and remembering
- it is similar to Chinese language – uses symbols to code multidimensional information
- different translations are used to widely describe point’s functions
- all described indications and functions are clinically relevant
- knowledge and experience from different schools, including Stems and Branches school is presented.
תרגום לכתבה זו זמין גם ב: English