The Importance of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels in the Treatment of Men’s Sexual and Reproductive Health
Speaker: Jani White Lic Ac MBACC
When: ICCM Congress 10, Wednesday, March 22, 2017. 15:30 - 19:30
Field: Acupuncture - Herbal - Classics / Philosophy
This Lecture is suitable for advanced practitioners
Abstract: In this course we will look at several aspects of Men's sexual, reproductive and uro-genital health (Andrology), and also consider the importance of how we can reach out to men to help encourage them to seek Chinese medicine support. This course is designed to help you as a practitioner to feel much more confident about treating men’s sexual and reproductive health, and about how acupuncture can effectively help to improve sperm parameters and erectile function. In this course we will discuss:
- The Importance of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels in the treatment of Men’s Sexual, Reproductive and urogenital Health
- Low libido
- Erectile dysfunction
This talk is geared to understanding more effective acupuncture treatment for enhancing optimum HPG (hypothalamus pituitary gonadal axis) function. We will focus on understanding channel flow and the communication between the systems and the importance of organizing the Sheng and Ke cycle relationships, all in the context of autonomic and digestive dysfunction. Good wood and strong swimmers are an indication of our total health. This lecture is designed to remind practitioners of the important role that acupuncture has in structuring how the systems function as a whole.
- To review the underlying role of the Extraordinary Vessels in the context of the overlying channel system.
- Understanding the importance, and the use of Ren, Du, Chong and Dai Mai in treatment for male sexual function and sperm quality.
- Treatment strategies for unifying the channel systems to enhance endocrine function.
- Discussion of points that most particularly help to effect endocrine function.
- To discuss how to draw men’s attention to the benefits of Chinese medicine treatment.
- Larre & Rochat de la Vallee ‘The Eight Extraordinary Meridians’ Monkey Press 1997 pg 1
- Maciocia ‘The Channels of Acupuncture’ Churchill Livingston, 2006 Pg 390/391
- Bob Damone ‘Principles of Chinese Medical Andrology’, Blue Poppy Press 2008
- Peter Deadman, ‘Male Subfertility’ Journal of Chinese medicine, 2002
תרגום לכתבה זו זמין גם ב: English