When: ICCM Congress 2018
Field: Acupuncture, Diagnostics, Practice
This Lecture is suitable for all levels
The lecture will focus on the synergy between midwifery and Chinese medicine, the collaborative-care process, emotional support and dealing with childbirth related trauma.
We will look at case studies that highlight the insights related to the bond between the ethereal and corporeal in a process that does not involve the clinical collection of blood tests and other prenatal parameters.Our approach to feminine health is all about the private experience of trust in oneself and hopefully others.Medical benevolence is based on relationships, the crossroads between the individual and the elements within him, on continuity of care.These elements are also at the core of Chinese medicine.
- Understanding Midwifery-led care, focused on helping women reclaim their bodies, allowing them easy access to information and emotional support focused on their needs and the needs of their baby.
- Understanding how Chinese Medicine serves as a leading tool in the clinic, helping women experience pregnancy and childbirth as an opportunity to enhance their acquaintance with their bodies.
- Listen to case studies that show why Medical benevolence is based on relationships, the crossroads between the individual and the elements within him, and on continuity of care. These elements are also at the core of Chinese medicine.
- Abdullah et al. (2017) 'Characteristics of patients receiving midwife-led prenatal care in Canada' BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Adams J. et al. (2010) 'Attitudes and referral of maternity care professionals to CAM' Journal of Advanced Nursing (JAN
This post is also available in: Hebrew