The Joys of Sex and Making Babies
When: Post Congress Seminar, Thursday, March 23 09:00-16:00
Field: Acupuncture - Diagnostics - Classics / Philosophy
This Lecture is suitable for practitioner of all levels
Abstract: Please join us for this brand new format as we bring you 'The Rani & Jani Show'...
This workshop is designed to give a free-flow platform of exchange between two senior practitioners to share their approaches and insights to their treatment strategies and point choices in many common clinical situations.
The discussions will be led through each practitioner's introduction to the four phases in dicussion, supplemented and enriched by questions from the audience.
The discussions will emphasise the energetics and resonances of each of these four phases:
Sexual awakening / onset of fertility / trying to conceive
- Getting pregnant / 1st trimester
- Labour preparation / labour
- Returning to sexuality post-infants with young (and older) children
Please join us for this groundbreaking workshop that immerses us in the roots of the oral traditions that are the heart of Chinese medicine.
Bring your questing mind, and your questions, and prepare to be enriched with peer-to-peer learning through interactive, expanding (and humorous) exchange.
- Discussion of the differing energetic structures in each of the outlined 4 phases.2. Discussion of the role of the Eight extraordinary Vessels in psycho-emotional treatment.3. Discussion of the importance of understanding and applying seasonal and Horary (open) points in accordance with the CM theory of the 7 years cycles.4. Discussion of acupuncture needling techniques for use of the Eight Extraordinary Vessels and coalescent points.
5. Discussion of the use of acupuncture to enhance sexual function in the context of the channel and system models of Chinese medicine, including the Sheng & Ke Cycles, the Six Divisions, entry/exit points, the Eight Extras and, the Chinese circadian clock.
- Debra Betts, The Essential Guide to Acupuncture in Pregnancy and Childbirth, JCM Publications 2006
- Giovanni Maciocia, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd Edition, Churchill Livingston, 2013
- Giovanni Maciocia, The Channels and Collateral of Chinese Medicine Churchill Livingstone, 2007
- Larre and Rochat de la Vallee, the Eight Extraordinary Vessels, Monkey Press, 1997
This post is also available in: Hebrew