Eyal Shpringer is a leading practitioner in the field of oriental nutrition and integrative medicine in Israel. He is the Clinical Director and Head of the nutrition team, the Oncologic Integrative-Complementary Center at the Tel Aviv Medical Center and Hospital (Ichilov).
Over 19 years of practice, he has focused on Chinese medical nutrition, Ayurveda and Macrobiotics and had created an integrated diagnostic and nutritional treatment approach called TEF (Traditional Energetics of Foods).
Shpringer went through extensive training in Israel and China in the field of Stems and Branches acupuncture, Chinese and Western herbal medicine, Tuina, Qi-Gong, Ayurveda and Macrobiotics. In his MSc dissertation, he studies the diverse attributes of different types of food according to oriental medical traditions and correlates those with the food nutrient content.
Since 2000, Shpringer has been teaching in the leading Chinese-medicine training institutes such as Medicin College, Broshim College and the Hebrew University’s Chinese Medicine training programme and has presented his work in conferences. In the last 10 years, he has been teaching a postgraduates training program in the field of Chinese and oriental nutrition.
Committed to the education of practitioners and patients alike in the theory and practice of oriental nutrition, Shpringer has founded the TEF website and co-authored the bestselling book Cooking for Life: A Traditional Nutrition Cookbook for Cancer Patients. He is currently working on translating his work to English and is writing a textbook dedicated to his nutritional treatment method.
Upcoming lectures during ICCM Congress 2019
- Eyal Shpringer - Wisdom and bliss: Nourishing the marrow by an integrated Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic approach (English) Tuesday, April 2nd, 14:30-16:00
Past Lectures in ICCM
- It takes a long way from Shennong to a current oncologic clinical practice. Integrating traditional Materia Medica in modern clinical setting - Inside Oncology Day, ICCM Congress #10, 2016
להרדים את המפלצת (כלים מהתזונה הסינית והמסורתית לטיפוח השינה) - כנס מומחים בנושא אינסומניה ICCM Seminar 2015
- המקום בו דייסה הופכת למסוכנת: הכרות וטיפול תזונתי ב-Dumping Syndrome של הקיבה - בתוך מושב תזונה ורפואה מסורתית בנושא גישות רפואיות מסורתיות לטיפול בקיבה - ICCM Congress #6 2015
- בישולחיים: התאמת תזונה לטיפול בסוגי סרטן שונים - ICCM Congress #5 2014
- המורכבות שבמורכבים - ICCM Congress #3 2011
This post is also available in: Hebrew