Speaker: Mr Nir Salomon (C.Hb,C.Ac)
When: ICCM Congress 2018
Field: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Practice
This Lecture is suitable for advanced practitioners
Abstract: Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis) are chronic inflammatory diseases which affect the mucosal layer of the intestines and sometimes manifest outside the digestive system as well. Although there is much prior knowledge, little is known today as to the reason of disease onset or recurrence of disease flares in these patients but clinical experience and research in the field suggests that there are gender similarities and differences. Age of onset and disease course during pregnancy are only two examples for these. When investigating these phenotypes through the lens of Chinese medicine we can identify specific energetic and physiological imbalances which may shed light on new ways to diagnose and treat these patients.
This unique lecture, which will be presented by a senior gastroenterologist and a Chinese medicine practitioner specializing in gastro-intestinal diseases, will review the differences in the manifestations of inflammatory bowel diseases between genders and analyse the reasons for these differences in an integrative conventional-Chinese medicine method. Practical diagnostic and treatments tools will be presented to help practitioner to treat these difficult patients in the clinic.
- Learn the fundementals of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Learn conventional and Chinese medicine theory and practice of IBD
- Learn specific acupuncture protocols
- Learn specific herbal formulas
- Lee KE, Jung SA, Yoon H, Park SH, Moon CM, Kim ES, Kim SE, Yang SK. Factors associated with pregnancy-related knowledge in women of reproductive age with inflammatory bowel disease. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2017 Aug;52(8):833-839.
- Gaidos JK, Kane SV. Managing IBD Therapies in Pregnancy. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2017 Mar;15(1):71-83.
This post is also available in: Hebrew